Friday, January 10, 2014

Over the Top Tags


Another fun swap to participate in is the Over the Top Tags Swap. Over the Top means you're supposed to dress it up, spritz, embellish, shimmer, wrap and layer, layer, layer.  Hope I lived up to that expectation!  I was part of two groups for this swap. Every layer is popped up with dimensionals.  The base layer is embossed.  I really enjoyed creating for this swap--there was always one more thing I wanted to add. 

Supplies used:  Happy Watercolor Stamp Set
Baked Brown Sugar, Crisp Cantaloupe Ink
Baked Brown Sugar, Crisp Cantaloupe, Very Vanilla CS
Tea Lace Paper Doilies, Champagne Glimmer Paper
Decorative Label, Boho Blossoms, Itty Bitty Shapes Punches
Linen Thread, Crisp Cantaloupe Twine (from SAB), Naturals Chevron Ribbon
Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Hot Glue
Big Shot with the Oval Accent, Apothecary Accents, Window Frames, Decorative Dots Embossing Folder


Supplies used:  Perfect Pennants Stamp Set
Tangerine Tango, Coastal Cabana Ink
Big Shot with the Banners Framelits, Arrows Embossing Folder, Stripes Embossing Folder
Coastal Cabana, Very Vanilla, Tangerine Tango, So Saffron, CS
Champagne Glimmer Paper
Very Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon, Linen Thread, Ruffle Stretch Trim (Coastal Cabana & Baked Brown Sugar)
Very Vintage Designer Buttons
Stampin' Dimensionals
Full Heart, Small Heart Punches

And, a funny little story about what happened with me and this swap.  Our hotel was very close to the convention center.  So close in fact that it was attached by a sky bridge--didn't even have to go outside!  Earlier that day (and, before the swap took place) I went to my room to drop off all the stuff I collected in my bag that I no longer needed, and to pick up my tags for this swap.  Well, guess what?  Yup!  I grabbed the wrong bag of swaps, but didn't notice it until the swap was about to begin.  Right as we were beginning to swap our tags I realized the huge mistake I made.  I told the organizer, and she very graciously told me that she would swap my tags for group 1, and to go and get my tags for group 3.  Well, I walked/ran as fast as I could all the way all the way to my room, and walked/ran all the way back to the swap area.  There they were all 6 of the swappers were waiting patiently for me!  Someone said, you got your exercise for the day.  For the day--I said WEEK!!!  We all laughed!  How embarrassing!!!  Happy Stamping!  Bye for now, Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment