Friday, July 20, 2012

Papaya Collage



Here's my second card for Lyssa's Convention Quality Swap.  I really enjoyed being in this swap.  Lyssa's swaps are truly just phenonmenal!!!  For some reason, I'm drawn to vintage and collage style stamps.  I don't know why...maybe it reminds me of my grandmothers...my, how I wish I could have a conversation with one of them again.  I chose Summer Starfruit for this card because I like a challenge.  When this color was revealed by Stampin' Up!, no one liked it (at least not my customers).  So, what's a good demonstrator to do?  Well, make my customers fall in love with it, of course!  So, I've been using it like crazy.  I picked Elegant Eggplant to go with Summer Starfruit directly from the Color Coach.  If you are not confident about choosing colors, I highly recommned getting the Color Coach!!!  It takes the guess work out of picking colors.  The Summer Starfruit background was embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing folder.  Before I ran it through the Big Shot, I stamped it with the leaf image in Papaya Collage, but it doesn't really show up in the picture!  The roses are stamped in Elegant Eggplant, and then ripped out.  The frame is stamped in Summer Starfruit--again, ripped out--I needed to "rip" out a lot of anger--I was having issues, lol!  Happy Creating!  Bye for now, Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment