Thursday, July 12, 2012

Explosion Card

Before we had websites and blogs, we had magazines and The Carol Duvall Show.  Do you remember her?  She is the queen of all things crafty and had a show on HGTV, which I used to watch over and over!  Loved that show!  I originally saw explosion cards on her show, at a Stampin' Up! Convention, and in magazines.  I put it on my list of things to stamp one day.  Recently, this little gem of a card popped up on my Pinterest feed.  Well, as my hubby would say, "you can't rush into these things." 

Here's my take on it...




Start with a square piece of cardstock.  Any size of cardstock will do as long as it's square.  I started with an 8 1/2" square piece of Very Vanilla cardstock.  Scored at 4 1/4" on both sides and diagonally (just one diagonal).  Crease all your folds really good.  Stamp with Blooming with Kindness (love that stamp set!!!) stamp set, and embellish as desired.  Not sure if you can tell from my photo, but I sponged all over the place to add lots of dimension and texture without adding any bulk.  Make two and attach together with Sticky Strip.  Attach ribbon prior to attaching covers.  For the covers, you will need two pieces of cardstock 4 1/2 square, and one piece of Very Vanilla 4 1/4" square (stamped as desired).  I've opened and closed this one so much, I've worn holes in the corners, lol! 

Supplies:  Very Vanilla cardstock and seam binding ribbon, Summer Starfruit cardstock and ink, Midnight Muse cardstock and ink, Blooming with Kindness stamp set, Score Board with the Diagonal insert, Stampin' Sponges, Sticky Strip

Happy Creating!  Bye for now, Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment