Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Designer Fabric and Fabric Cards

The fabric on this wreath is Candy Cane Christmas Designer Fabric from the Holiday Mini.  Each pack of fabric came with an instruction sheet for five projects including this wreath.  It was really simple to make.  I was able to finish it in an evening, and the instructions were easy to follow.  It did involve a little sewing, which I did by hand.  If you can sew on a button, you can make this wreath!  The large blue flowers were glued together with hot glue rather than sewed.   Since Candy Cane Chritmas is not your typical traditional holiday colors, I'm ok with leaving this wreath on my front door for a while longer.  I apologize for posting this after Christmas (and after the Holiday Mini selling period).  If you like the Designer Fabric, there are two new options in the Occcasions Mini Catalog--Springtime Vintage and Sweet Stitches.  You can view them here at my Stampin' Up! website.       




Here's what I did with some of the leftover pieces of fabric...made some pins to match one of my Stampin' Up! logo shirts. 



Still think Designer Fabric isn't for you?  Here's some fabric used on a card.  Again, these were made from leftover pieces from the wreath and pins.  The hearts are die cut with the Big Shot and the Hearts & Brackets die.  To attach the fabric die cuts to your cards, you could use the Big Shot Fabric Adhesive Roll or the Tombo Multipurpose Liquid Glue.  Also used is Teenie Tiny Wishes Stamp set, Word Window and Modern Label Punches.


This is just a strip of fabric tied around the front of the card like it was a piece of ribbon.



A Word for You stamp set in Real Red is used in these cards. 



While I'm not a sewer, I still like the Designer Fabric option from Stampin' Up!  I like that the beautiful patterns coordinate and match the Designer Series Paper.  Fabric is another way to add texture and dimension to your crafting and card making projects.  Happy Stamping!  Bye for now, Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment