Saturday, January 8, 2011

Mess, The Manual of Accidents and Mistakes

When I found this book at the book store, I couldn't resist!  It's called Mess, The Manual of Accidents and Mistakes by Keri Smith.  It is NOT your typical book.  Each page has different instructions on how to destroy or alter the pages.  You are suppossed to MESS up this book! This book is hysterical, fun and wacky all at the same time.  I have been having so much fun with this book, I thought it was worth sharing with you. 


This page you are only supposed to put "blue" things. 


I added ALL my classic ink pad colors on this page.  It was delightful to just smear and smudge each color on the page!

The instructions on this page is to help this man "let loose a little" by giving this man a makeover.  Not sure if I accomplished that, but it sure does crack me up!!


This page was suppossed to be ripped out and then crumpled, but I just couldn't do it.  I crumpled it the best I could while it was still intact inside the book.  I started to cringe when the page started to rip!


You were instructed to create a tangle and place it here.  One night when I was sewing flower pins together,  my thread knotted up multiple times.  I was so frustrated, and thought this was the perfect place for the thread! 


The idea of this book is to let loose, make a mess, break through a block, and have fun!  Maybe it will help you come up with a new idea in the process.  It may not be rubber stamping, but it reminds me to let loose, have fun, and that it's okay to make a mess when I am rubber stamping!  Rubber Stamping is suppossed to be fun!!  So, let loose, make a mess!  Have fun with it!  It's rubber stamping NOT brain surgery!
Bye for now, Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment