Saturday, February 8, 2014

February Stamp Club: Good As Gold & A Treat Holder

When I first became a demonstrator in 1999, there was no Salabration brochure, or 11 different items to pick from--just a one page, black and white flyer, and there was only 4 stamp sets to pick from!  The neat thing SU! did though was color the rubber of the stamps in a different color each year--my first Salabration the rubber was Forest Foliage.  And, there was Pretty in Pink, Lavender Lace, just to name a few.

This is the Good as Gold Card Kit--it's a Salabration item!  These were our projects for February Stamp Club. The little treat holder was from a swap I rec'd at Leadership. Isn't it cute?  It uses the new Tag Topper Punch.  I'm so glad to see tags are still in style.  Tags have been popular for as long as I've been stamping. Tags are one of my favorites!  Great accent for the front of a card! 


The Good as Gold Kit is very easy. Just open the pkg, pop out all the die cuts, assemble the cards, and add your ribbon. It even comes with gold envelope liner.  Beautiful!  

The treat holder is also very easy.  You need a 2" wide piece of cardstock to fit in the channel of the Tag Topper Punch.  You can make your tag any length. For this treat holder, cut cardstock to 6 1/4" x 2."  Score at 2 7/8" and 3 3/8."  Any flat candy or chocolate will fit. Here I used York Peppermint Patties. Ghiradeli squares work great too--my fav is the dark chocolate ones with sea salt--yum!!

Supplies used:
Good as Gold Simply Sent Kit
That's The Ticket, Lovely Labels stamp sets
Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla cardstock, Red and Champagne Glimmer Paper
Tag Topper, Ticket, Full Heart, Banner Punches
Very Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon
Pool Party, Gold Encore inks

When it comes to Glimmer Paper, I like to hot glue it together--much better hold than anything else I've tried with it. Happy Salabrating!  Bye for now, Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment