Thursday, June 23, 2011

Ribbon Wreath

My ribbon wreath was inspired by the one on page 190 in the 2010/2011 IB&C.  It is easy to make, and only requires three items--ribbon (well, a lot of ribbon!), a wreath and scissors.  I used an extruded styrofoam wreath.  Cut ribbon to desired length and tie in knot around wreath.  Do this until your wreath is fully covered.  I kept pushing the ribbon together to cover the wreath.  It will take A LOT of ribbon to cover the styrofoam completely.  Tie a loop of ribbon at the top to hang your wreath. 


I said it would be easy, but it was a little time consuming.  It took me a couple of hours from start to finish. 


A wise friend once told me that part of crafting is collecting.  So, it was a good way to use up some ribbon I have been collecting--still didn't make a dent in my ribbon hoard--I mean collection!!!  Happy Creating!  Bye for now, Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment