Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Convention Swaps

I participated in several organized card swaps this year.  Organized swaps have certain rules that must be followed, such as making full cards rather than card fronts.  The first one is called Convention Quality Swap (CQS).  Again, I used Precious Butterflies, one of the new Hostess sets. 


For my second CQS card, I used Happiest Birthday Wishes (also a new hostess set) and the new Paisley Petals DSP.


One swap I have participated in for the last several years is the WOW! Swap.  I enjoy this swap for several reasons.  The cards are always phenomenal, and each card must be a full card rather than a card front.  I like this because when the stamps retire, I can actually use the card to send someone if I choose to.  Delicate Doilies is used on my card. 


I call this fold a "z" fold.  Here's how...Cut your card base at 5 1/2 x 4 1/4.  The middle layer is 5 1/4 x 4.  For the "z" fold, cut cardstock at 3 3/4 x 10.  Stamp images FIRST.  Then, score at 2 1/2 and 5.  Use ribbon to tie closed.



A few more of my swaps for just random general swapping.

Open Seas Stamp Set and Nautical Expressions DSP





Fabulous Florets and Beyond the Garden DSP



 Another one with Paisley Prints and Happiest Birthday Wishes


Convention must be experienced to really appreciate just how wonderful it is!  Until the end of July, you can become a demonstrator for just under $100.  Please plan to join me at Convention next year...SAVE THE DATES.... July 18 - 21, 2012!  Happy Stamping!  Bye for now, Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment